What is Danswer
Danswer is an Open Source Enterprise Question Answering Tool.
But what is that? 🤔
What do you mean by Question Answer?
- Direct QA allows you to ask questions in simple language and receive instant, accurate responses.
- Unlock knowledge from private data sources whether that be company internal documents or personal sources you want to add.
- Every answer is backed by quotes and reference documents so you can always trust what you get back.
What about OpenSource?
- The project is licensed under the MIT License, do anything you’d like!
- Danswer is built to be easily hosted by anyone, all you need to setup are the data connectors.
How about Enterprise?
- Danswer has user authentication with document level access control.
- Danswer provides connectors to common enterprise tools such as Slack, Google Drive, GitHub etc.
Main Features 💃
- Direct QA powered by Generative AI models with answers backed by quotes and source links.
- Intelligent Document Retrieval (Semantic Search/Reranking pipeline) using the latest LLMs.
- An AI Helper backed by a custom Deep Learning model to interpret user intent.
- User authentication with document level access management.
- Connectors to Slack, GitHub, GoogleDrive, Confluence, BookStack, local files, and web scrapping, with more to come.
- Management Dashboard to manage connectors and set up features such as live update fetching.
- One line Docker Compose deployment of all services to host Danswer anywhere.
- Chat/Conversation support.
- Support custom endpoints for Generative AI models or even self-host options.
- Template to easily build custom connectors.
- Personalized search